It’s been a little over a month now since we’ve officially shut ourselves off from the rest of the world. Social distancing is probably one of the hardest things we’ve ever had to do as musicians. Not only because most musicians make their money playing for crowds, but because the music we play is designed for social interaction and frankly, it’s just no fun to play alone.
There are a few silver linings to it all though.
- We’re giving our environment time to heal. Air quality around the world has visibly improved since the onset of Covid-19.
- It’s forcing the government to realize how important good healthcare is for all.
- Those of you quarantined with family are getting some quality family time.
- Dogs and other pets are living in bliss.
- We’re forced to turn to our creativity to keep us entertained.
Some of things that have made me smile through this trying times are parody videos people have created on social distancing. Here are a few of my favorites. I hope this puts a smile on your face. Stay healthy and stay creative!
Family Lockdown Boogie
From the Sound of Music
From Les Miserables
From Fiddler on the Roof
Neil Diamond from Sweet Carolina
2 thoughts on “Making the most of social distancing”
Thank you, Katrina. Our locked down nuclear family enjoyed them.
I’m glad. Stay safe and healthy!