St. Patrick’s Day week is one of my favorite weeks of the year, for obvious reasons. Not only do I usually have a handful of gigs to play at but usually some of the finest Irish musicians come out of the woodwork to share their craft. This year is no different.
There are a bunch of ‘must-see’ concerts coming up. Some, unfortunately, you’ve already missed. But here is the low-down for the rest of the week:
Thursday, March 15 (tonight)
- 7:00 pm – Burlington based Irish band Extra Stout at Contois Auditorium in Burlington.
Friday, March 16
- Noon – Jim Gorman lecture “Did the Irish Save Civilization” at Fletcher Free Library, Burlington
Saturday, March 17
- 9:00 am – Traditional Irish session music at Ri Ra The Irish Pub in Burlington
- 11:00 am – Musical Instruments of Ireland with Benedict Koehler and Hilary Farrington at Fletcher Free Library, Burlington
- 11:00 am – Longford Row at Ri Ra The Irish Pub in Burlington
- 1:00 pm – Penny Whistle workshop with Robert Resnik at t Fletcher Free Library, Burlington
- 2:00 pm – Traditional Irish session at Bagitos in Montpelier
- 4:30 pm – Sarah Blair & Colin McCaffrey at On Tap Bar & Grill in Essex Junction
- 5:00 pm – The Croppies at Blue Paddle Bistro in South Hero
- 6:00 pm – Longford Row at Two Brothers Tavern in Middlebury
- 7:00 pm – Traditional Irish music with Reel It In at the Big Picture Theater & Cafe in Waitsfield
- 8:00 pm – Lunasa at the Flynn in Burlington
Sunday, March 18
- 1:00 pm – Festival Ceilidh at Contois Auditorium in Burlington
- 6:00 pm – Irish Session at the Shoreham Inn, Shoreham
- 7:00 pm – Danu at Spruce Peak Performing Arts in Stowe
There are tons of other activities and music happenings on and around St. Paddy’s Day so enjoy the music and have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
2 thoughts on “St. Patrick’s Day week, the festivities continue”
Danu will be playing Sun 3/18 at the Spruce Performing Arts Center at Stowe