There are a few things that make Christmas shopping challenging for me – fighting the traffic to get anywhere, standing in long lines to pay and it seems that whenever I am out trying to find gifts for someone else, I always seem to find things I need instead of something for the person I’m buying for.
So I figured I would give you a list of things you could easily buy for the Irish musician in your life. Here are 7 ideas:
- Concert Tickets – Specifically tickets to the Teetotallers as a part of the Lane Series. If you haven’t seen these guys yet this show is a must see. Check out my write-up on them.
- Gift Certificate – Gift certificate to the local pub that hosts a weekly session such as Bagitos or Radio Bean so that when we are sessioning we can buy food and drinks. You could also buy a gift certificate to the Violin shop so we can buy extra strings and things.
- Extra Strings – Speaking of strings…Everyone should have an extra set of strings in case one breaks (I use Evah Pirazzi in case you were wondering) ;)
- Music Subscription - Subscription to Pandora or Spotify so we can listen to all our favorite tunes and songs.
- Liquor – A bottle of Jameson is always a nice gift because the more we drink the better we sound – at least we think so. Guinness goes a long way too.
- Magazine Subscription – I’m sure there are other music magazines but my favorite is Fiddler Magazine.
- Raffle Ticket – A raffle ticket to win a trip to Ireland as a part of the the Burlington Irish Heritage Festival.
I hope this helps make your last minute shopping that much easier. Have a safe and happy holiday!
by Katrina VanTyne